Saturday, November 9, 2013

1 night in Cameron Highland



I’ve been wanting a vacation since bajillion years ago. Every time I went on emotional roller coaster during exam I will always plan a nice retreat in my head. Of course this is the time to reconnect with my family and enjoy life outside medical school. It’s now or never baby

Why Cameron highland?

  • While I was struggling for SPM my family actually went on vacation on top of Cameron Highland so this is payback time :P
  • Been dreaming about fresh strawberries ever since following Masterchef Australia season 4 (fell head over heels for Tasmania fresh produce)

Checked in 5th September 2013 and checked out 6th September 2013. We went to CH during weekdays to avoid traffic jam and for cheaper hotel rate. Due to tight budget we decided to stay at a small hotel to upscale our holiday experience.
brrrr....i love you hot shower
left a note for snooze before leaving. that pink thingy in jar is strawberry candy <3 br="">
so yum...i bet they mix some cream in the chocolate. must try in al-mashoor

next time i will find a homestay nearby the farm. want to wake up and munch on strawberries
yikes, afraid of heights
Cost only RM 145 per night for 4
The hotel was super clean due to shoes-off policy. The staff also very friendly and helpful, she help us with our umbrellas, sweet right (unfortunately we went up the highland during a heavy rain). The bed was comfortable and most importantly the interior design was so cute and homey. What u saw in photo is what u get. The hot shower works well. Our room was facing the road side. Great water dispenser so I don’t have to spend money on mineral water.
Problem: due to heavy rain the tap water turns cloudy but cleared up the next morning. Have to park a lil’ far coz the hotel was located midtown, not much parking space. Poor lighting as I personally love fluorescent lamp. 

Makan- makan

Our hotel was next to KFC. Grab some snack plate for dinner. There is mamak restaurant across the street. If mamak style doesn’t suits you behind the mamak place there is food court that serves malay and thai food. The food is so-so. I don’t eat anything at Bharat coz the food is so pricy (remember this is cheapskate holiday)

What we did during the trip?

  1. Eat loads of strawberries- Kampung Taman Sedia is the place to go (at least I went there). Some farm allows you to pick strawberry. Ask YZ Agrofarm, if I’m not mistaken minimum strawberry need to be pick is half kilo and only 2 person allowed to enter the garden at a time. We didn’t pick strawberry instead we went for high end strawberry galore at Taman Agro Al- Mashoor
  2. Buy souvenirs- t- shirt, dried strawberry and strawberry jam. I’m just being real….fresh strawberry will turn soggy after long hours journey under Malaysia climate. Unless you have a cooler bag then be my guest
  3. Tea shopping- we went to bharat tea plantation. Our favorite product is loose blacktea leaves. After working in ice blended shop I realize the secret to a good cup of milk tea is mixing good quality of blacktea and fragrant tea (easily found in Malaysia groceries…tea cap masjid, tea cap paip). Don’t forget to purchase tea misai kucing with stevia. I know it sounds yucky but once I had it at our family friend’s place I went crazy for it. Let me describe the taste of ‘tea misai kucing’ it taste so light and refreshing. Not bitter and not so sweet. You wouldn’t know it’s a herbal tea. Plus misai kucing is good for health.

Over♔Out (⌐■_■) farah AJ

1 comment:

  1. Asalamu alaikum,

    Thank you for sharing this lovely post. Please can you give me some tips on Romance over at ireminisces, thank you so much...

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete