I put some yeast into the cekodok batter. Yes it fluffed up but it's too airy, poor in shape. The one that i had in sintok have more body to it and it hold a nice rounded shape.
I discovered that by mixing the batter with hot water (100% hot water) it's actually changed the texture of cekodok. Thanks to this madam blogger. It become fluffy and you DON'T need to add much water. Let the gluten do it's job. When you use less water it can hold shape better. Next time i wouldn't put too much water as the batter is kinda soak up more oil (had it worst with the yeast).
Cekodok bilis (serving 1 people who think she's on diet)
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup hot water- adjust to the consistency you desire
- some chinese parsley
- some sliced shallots
- some anchovy- washed & pound in mortar& pestle. Tried dry blender...cekodok turns to unappetizing grey color
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- Mix all ingredient. Be extra careful while pouring hot water.
- Deep fry the batter....make sure oil is hot (but not too hot). Fire: medium high.
- When it turns golden yellow-- then it's done.
put less water next time
i think it's presentable
and of course edible